Welcome to my blog: Its an honor for me

The practice of Yoga has been a long journey within that has changed me in many powerful ways. When practicing yoga, I become more aware of my internal world and I am present within. Through my therapeutic yoga classes , my hope is to assist you in beginning your own JOURNEY WITHIN and help you heal and change. Yoga provides the perfect pathway to transform, blossom and thrive.
I am honored to serve expecting mommas and their little ones not only as a Pre and Post Natal yoga teacher but also as a Hypnobirthing educator and an Infant Massage instructor. I wear many hats in this world, but all of them are to help birth ourselves into a new state of consciousness. And for that, there are no words.....

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yoga in the Park- This Saturday Aug. 7 at 8:00 AM

YOGA IN THE PARK!!
Join me for some yoga in the park this Saturday August 7 at 8:00 am, near the merry-go-round.
Yoga means 'union,' and when it's practiced outdoors it seems like the union with nature, humanity, and the universe is truly felt. Being outside can intensify the yoga experience in many ways, since nature inspires all the things your yoga practice invokes—focusing awareness, breathing deeply, practicing stillness. By putting your body into the shape of a tree or a stretching cat, by exploring the graceful wingspan of a bird or the fluidity of the Sun Salute, you evoke a sense of harmony, timelessness, and connection to the universe.
Breathwork outside the studio is tremendous: we usually use sensation, such as the rise and fall of the chest or feeling of air in the back of throat. Outdoors offers another level to focus on—the smell of nature, such as pine, grass. When you start to smell the outdoors, it's as if nature wants us to be present and breathe deeply.
The open space really expands everyone, and there's an instantaneous freedom you just can't replicate indoors.
Come check it out!!
Pack your mat, sunscreen, water, and sunglasses, and perhaps insect repellent .
$10 for the class or use your BRY pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment