Welcome to my blog: Its an honor for me

The practice of Yoga has been a long journey within that has changed me in many powerful ways. When practicing yoga, I become more aware of my internal world and I am present within. Through my therapeutic yoga classes , my hope is to assist you in beginning your own JOURNEY WITHIN and help you heal and change. Yoga provides the perfect pathway to transform, blossom and thrive.
I am honored to serve expecting mommas and their little ones not only as a Pre and Post Natal yoga teacher but also as a Hypnobirthing educator and an Infant Massage instructor. I wear many hats in this world, but all of them are to help birth ourselves into a new state of consciousness. And for that, there are no words.....

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A thought on my life in Montana and on Breathing Room Yoga

Staying in Montana is a difficult decision for me, especially when its 10 degrees on October 5th and I foresee a very long winter ahead.  Coming from Costa Rica, I am so used to being in the warmth, in the sun, on the beach, outside. I need to frequently remind myself that "It’s not where I am; it’s who I am”,  I’m practicing yoga every day and I’m finding the beauty in my life, rather than outside, inside myself. I think of my mat as my therapy, my place of worship, my place of change. Change is inevitable right now. I create what I need in each practice and I think this is very empowering. It’s a  place where I can honor my strengths and weaknesses, a safe place. I think of it as a new beginning, every day, and no end, an endless learning journey.

I also feel a very strong connection with everyone who walks through the Breathing Room doors, and that is very empowering and soothing to me. It is people who want to nurture themselves, physically, mentally and spiritually. Perhaps for some, yoga is still just a different workout, which is fine, but to be honest, I feel most students who come to Breathing Room know that yoga is much more than that. I try to advocate a "whole body" approach to yoga that pays as much attention to mental and spiritual form as physical postures.  Its about leaving the mat and still be present, be a good person, listen to others, take care of your body, mind and spirit. Its about sharing your journeys, your hopes, fears, dreams and desires. I feel so blessed and honored to be a student and a guide at Breathing Room Yoga and I am sure trying hard to embrace these cold days and keep smiling. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment